Muddy water leaving your construction site is a red flag that is sure to get the attention of inspectors. Avoid work delays and fines. Keep your dirt on-site by implementing effective best management practices (BMPs).
- Install erosion and sediment controls properly at the beginning of construction
- Clear the smallest area possible in which to complete your work and keep as much of the existing vegetation as possible
- Stabilize disturbed soil areas immediately after final grading
- Divert storm water away from your disturbed areas
- Slow down storm water runoff before it leaves your site
- Install gravel entrance to minimize tracking of dirt onto roadways
- Maintain BMPs throughout your project.